Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Nebraska Football Hall Of Fame

This is interesting. Just elected into the Nebraska Football of Fame are the following: Ken Clark, Tony Felici, Sheldon Jackson, Bob Liggett, Kelly Peterson, Tim Smith, Alonzo L. 'Lon' Stiner, Brian Bohling, Chris Pohl, and Danny Woodhead. I'd love to be able to sit around and dissect the careers of these legends because clearly the committee doesn't. I can see Danny Woodhead since nobody from Nebraska has ever had so much tv exposure on ESPN on draft day. Did Sheldon Jackson ever start? Lon Stiner was an All-American at Nebraska in 1926. He wasn't good enough for the hall of fame in 1970? Brian Bohling was a 240 lb. guard who played at Nebraska Wesleyan. Chris Pohl played two years at Hastings college. What I'm gathering from all of this is that with 3 career touchdowns, 47 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and 1 sack (1995-1999) in intramural flag football at UNL, Timmy Rose will be on the ballot next year.

In all seriousness though, congrats guys. (Make sure to write in Timmy Rose next year.)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I'm starting my own Hall of Fame. It's me and these two guys on the committee.



And the first person inducted is (drum roll).......