Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My American Idol

When I first heard about this story, I fell to the ground. I was disgusted. I was freaked out. Then reality would hit. I'm jealous of this guy.

White Owl is Kansas' number one fan and here he is at the Nebraska and Kansas football game last fall.



White Owl is 61 years old. He is engaged to Julia Lee. Julia is 22 years old and a student at the University of Kansas.



They have known each other for a month and met after White Owl did a speech at Julia's American Studies class. Julia was so impressed by White Owl's powerful message she approached him after class then the two became close friends and would become inseparable.

Says Julia, “After a little while I began to think. ‘I want to be with this guy in heaven.’ That is when we began to talk about marriage.”

You will be relieved to know, however, that the two are saving themselves for marriage. Says White Owl, “If I were to give in to my body, I would not be honoring her or God.”

“I have been without a woman for ten years, waiting for what God will bring me,” White Owl said. “I haven’t felt this love as a person since my mother babied me.”

Although no official date has been set, the wedding is going to be before the end of summer in Loose Park in Kansas City. 'Everybody is invited' they told the Daily Kansan. I don't know about you, but I'll be there with bells on. I'm not missing this thing for anything. Things this great don't happen everyday. Although I'm not a big Jayhawk fan, I will definitely be watching more Kansas football and basketball games looking for White Owl.



Julia's dad has been unavailable for comment.