Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Josh Freeman Likes Himself


Nebraska fans are never going to like Kansas State QB Josh Freeman. That's a given when you back out of a commitment the week before signing day by text messaging the coach.

At the Big 12 Media Days, Josh had this to say, "I have very high confidence that I'm the best quarterback in the league and, arguably in my mind, in the country. It's just going to be a matter of going out and proving it on Saturdays. That's really where it counts."

When asked about Kansas QB Todd Reesing and Missouri QB Chase Daniel, Freeman says, "Those guys won last year. I'm not trying to put a damper on them, but teams that win games get recognized. That's what I'm after."

"I'd say I'm the best. That's my opinion because of what I bring to the table. The other guys are good quarterbacks, but I have supreme confidence in my ability as a quarterback and a playmaker."


When asked about WR Jordy Nelson (2nd round draft pick with 1,606 yards and 11 TDs last year), Freeman says, "He was a good player … a great player, I'd say. I was supposed to throw him the ball, so I threw him the ball...But I won't miss him at all."

Kansas State coach Ron Prince (a.k.a. coach Grimace) says, "I think there's at least eight (quarterbacks) in our conference that are very confirmed on the national level as far as their ability, and (they) have the résumé to back it up. But I think our quarterback's right up there with the very best ones nationally."

"The future is in front of him. The sky is the limit. And like I said, I wouldn't trade (him) with anybody."

Here's the reality of the situation, Mr. Freeman. In your two year career, you have 24 passing TDs and 26 interceptions. Your team is 9-12 when you started and that includes a loss to Baylor. I'd love to hear the reactions from Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing although I'm sure they have too much class to respond to that publicly. Prove something by winning before you declare yourself the best QB in the country (nevermind the Big 12 North). Maybe you should ask your coach to teach a little more in the offseason instead of doing appearances at McDonalds.