Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jeffie Husker is Holding on Too Tight...

...I've lost the edge.

I realized while watching the Wake Forest game that I perhaps cared too much about the outcome. Of course that's what makes Nebraska football great, and I've obviously cried myself to sleep over losses on more than one night. However, as someone deeply involved in the mental health profession, it's useful to occasionally take a step back and examine my own.

We have the number one team coming to town and I want to - check that - need to enjoy that.

In honor of this realization you'll likely see fewer posts and less real analysis heading into this game. I'll probably throw up a few recent observations of both teams, and might be corresponding with a USC site or two. If you have questions about the game, or our chances hit me up in the comments and I'll try to respond.

For those of you going to the game enjoy the moment, win or lose. And remember that Nebraska will likely be as good as the crowd is on Saturday night. So drink heavily (mix in some water to stay hydrated), yell recklessly, respect the Trojans, and keep things in the proper perspective.

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"