Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tatum Bell Prefers Gucci


Former Oklahoma State running back Tatum Bell, who was recently cut by the Detroit Lions to make room for former Cincinnati Bengal running back Rudi Johnson, just made Oklahoma State Cowboy alumns proud. While Johnson was in President Matt Millen's office finalizing his contract with the Lions, Bell took a stroll through the club house after he cleaned out his locker and stole two of Johnson's Gucci bags - apparently which were sitting outside of Millen's office. The security guards caught Bell through in-house surveillance cameras in which he looked 'suspect.' Johnson said when the bags were returned Tuesday, they were empty – missing his identification, credit cards, about $200 in cash and some undergarments.

Said Bell about what happened, "I didn’t go in the bags. I didn’t open up no bags. I don’t have his stuff."

“I asked him. I said, ‘What do I need to do to clear my name?’ I asked the organization, ‘What do I need to do to clear my name? What do I need to do to reimburse Rudi? What can I do to help?"

“But ain’t nobody saying nothing to me. They’re just stuck on the fact that I’m a thief. I’m like, ‘You all know me better than that.’ I ain’t never been in no trouble. You know what I’m saying? I ain’t never, ever, ever been in no situation like this. I’m just trying to clear my name.”

I've said it before about Josh Jarboe's girlfriend and I'll say it again. In the year 2008 do you still think security cameras are a thing of the future? I'm not quite sure how you can think that the Bengals' front office is a very good place to steal from. You've asked everyone, 'what do I need to do to reimburse Rudi?' But didn't you say just before that, 'I don't have his stuff.' I'm going to go with guilty on this one. I'm sure your phone is going to be ringing off the hook because every team in the NFL loves 3rd string running backs who steal from their teammates.