Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Who's Next?



Random thoughts after a big win over Colorado:

• I’ve enjoyed our season-long success with trick plays, but seriously when did we become the Harlem Globetrotters?

• It was nice to see Adam Carriker have a great game on Senior Day. He’s had a solid season, but hasn’t dominated in the way I expected.

• Am I the only one who gets incredibly excited every time I see the ball in the air and in the direction of Purify? He made an almost impossible catch, look completely effortless on the near sideline. He has a gift.

• Can Barry Turner play safety?

• Will Joey Ganz push Sam Keller? I’m being completely serious.

• After being impressed the last few weeks with the play of our offensive line, I thought they looked pretty bad today. Way too much penetration by Colorado’s front seven and far too many penalties. I guess they might be healthy by the bowl game.

• Colorado averaged 5.4 yards rushing? Our focus should have been forcing them to throw, but they definitely had some holes.

• I’d still like to see better than 4/9 on 3rd down in the 2nd half, but 2/2 on fourth down helped a lot.

• Zac Taylor is unbreakable. If the NFL doesn’t workout, he could always find work as a stunt man, or a crash test dummy.

• Just when I thought Brandon Jackson was getting worn down by the workload, he breaks one for 30+ yards and makes a great TD catch. You can never count that guy out.

• I had a sudden realization at the end of the 3rd quarter that this football season has gone way too fast.

• The “Bedlam” game just got a lot more interesting for Nebraska fans. Personally, I’m cheering for OSU. I’d take a slumping UT over OU in a heartbeat. A legitimate shot a BCS bowl makes me giddy.

More thoughts to come when I get back to Houston.