Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Random OU Memories

I'm not going to go into the Nebraska - Oklahoma rivalry with the same gusto as I did with the CU series. But I would be remiss if I didn't at least touch on the amazing history these two teams have.

First we have a video of Keith Jackson's 88-yard touchdown on an end-around in 1985. In case you had forgotten how slow our teams in the 80s were, this should help. This is a tight end absolutely blowing by the Blackshirts!



Next we have more from Keith Jackson a year later in Lincoln making a phenomenal one-handed grab to set up the game-winning field goal for OU. I will never, ever forget this game. Although I was only 9 at the time, I was already extremely passionate about the Huskers. For a little context - I named my first teddy bear Jarvis. Anyway, I cried myself to sleep after this game and wondered if we would ever beat OU again. I couldn't say it then, but I can say it now - Fuck Sooner Magic.



Finally we have a collection of Barry Switzer locker room speeches. God I hated Barry Switzer. Even as a youngster I could tell that he was the antithesis of Tom Osborne and everything his Nebraska program stood for. While most kids have nightmares of the bogeyman or evil clowns, it was Barry Switzer and that cocky, shit-eating grin that haunted my childhood dreams.



So, lets get some discussion going. What is your favorite/least favorite Nebraska - Oklahoma memory? Bonus points for mentioning Elvis Peacock or Neil Harris.