Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dan Hawkins Has Entered the Blogosphere

Houston we have a problem. Scratch that. Houston we have brilliance. Colorado coach Dan ‘Hawk’ Hawkins has started his own blog and it is frickin’ awesome. He is only two pieces deep into the dark, mysterious world of CFB blogging but I already know and like him better than I would have ever thought.

If you didn’t like Coach Hawkins after this infamous rant or after this blog, then go play intramurals brother, this is Division I football.

This is why Hawkins claims he’s doing it:
“From time to time I would like to give some information that you may find useful, entertaining, or help you form opinions about me or Colorado Football. I have to warn you that some of it may be a little eclectic, and not the usual sports banter. You can always get the usual information from other sources.”
Music?
“Love it. Let me turn you on to Great Big Sea. Sort of a folk/pop/rock band from Newfoundland. Check ‘em out you like it (as you’ll find out I like stuff off the beaten path).”
This is as in depth as he gets about the win over #3 Oklahoma:
“I knew we would win on Saturday. Why? Our guys had a body of work that they could draw from. Their experiences had given them what they needed to form the proper frame of mind. All that was needed was for us to go out and sing our song and do our dance! Dance we did.”

“It was a glorious fall afternoon at Folsom—a little bite to the air, leaves letting go of summer and bleeding into winter, a low sun, and plenty of emotion in the air. Competing against the No. 3 ranked team in the country, you have to feel blessed to be part of that!”
Here is what he did last Thursday:
“Took my wife to Red Rocks on Thursday night to see ABBA. Why? Well, it was for her birthday. Now, I love music, but I can say I’m not much of an ABBA guy, but my wife is……Red Rocks was stunning, the concert was fun, and the time spent with her was priceless. Remember? Focus on the process, just get better, quit trying to win and just be a winner….”
And finally:
“Hey, I am sure you want me to go on about the game, but it’s over—long over and we have to get ready for Baylor who took it to us last year. No time to look back, there will be plenty of those stories other places.

My point? Good things happen to good people, quit trying to win and just be a winner, focus on the process not the product, and as Coach Hurdle says, “Just keep pumping the pump.”

Are you kidding me? The only part of the blog I don’t like is that he doesn’t write everyday. Love or hate Colorado (and I know, including myself, which side most readers here take), this is great - so great that he ends all his blogs in ‘PEACE.’ Can you imagine Billy Callahan’s blog? I can’t either. I bet he doesn’t take his wife to Red Rocks on a Thursday night – my guess is a typical Thursday night involves going over X’s and O’s with Zac Taylor as he prepares him for ‘a tremendous opportunity in the CFL in terms of evolving not as a player but as a future head coach.’

And the the best part about this blog? You don’t have to be an Alumni who pays $1,200 a year to read it.