Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

College Football Blog Award Nominations: The Keith Jackson Circa 1995 Award

I am continuing my nominations for the first annual College Football Blogger Awards.

Readers note: Nominating blogs is open to everyone, not just CFB bloggers. To nominate blogs for any of the categories, simply go to the Nomination Page and appoint your blogs of choice.

The Keith Jackson Circa 1995 Award

FOR: The blog with the most consistently expressive and excellent writing.

CRITERIA: Mechanical competency, yes, but the ability to turn a devastatingly funny phrase or write something compelling is probably more important. This isn't an award for copy editing; it's an award for kickin' prose.

Double Extra Point Nominees:

SMQ: This nomination is a no-brainer, and I'd expect it to be nearly unanimous. SMQ is perhaps the most detailed blogger on the planet. What shouldn't be lost in that detail, however, is the beauty of his voice and his ability to articulate that which is often difficult for others to make lucid.

Hey Jenny Slater: Doug's snarky humor permeates his well-developed voice. He writes on a number of topics and does so eloquently. His take on the Alabama coaching search was both spot on, and well-written:
I know I've been harsh on Alabama here, and I don't mean to sound that way; I like Alabama, I definitely fall on the crimson side of the Bama-Auburn rivalry, and I'm one of those people who just thinks there's something somehow better about college football when the Tide is good. But good Lord, people, it's time to man up and realize that after Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, the Mike Price debacle, and not one but two major NCAA violations, the reconstruction of Alabama into a national powerhouse is not a three-year job. It may not even be a five-year job. Hire someone who has that kind of patience, and then do him a favor by having that same kind of patience with him.
Blue Gray Sky: I've never been able to put my finger on the ingredient that makes BGS such an enjoyable read. All I know is that I hate Notre Dame, but I read this blog on a regular basis. I have a sneaky suspicion it is the prose that lures me back.