Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meet Nebraska's Newest Recruit: DE Donovan Vestal

Donovan Vestal, a defensive end from Arlington (TX) Bowie High School, announced today (on his birthday) that he will become the Husker's 6th commit for the 2010 season. Vestal is listed at 6'5 and anywhere from 208 to 240 lbs. and is a 3* on rivals, scout, and ESPN (77 rating.)

For his rivals profile, click here.
For his scout profile, click here.
For his ESPN Scouts, Inc. profile, click here.

I haven't been able to dig up any video on Vestal for you yet, but he did choose Nebraska over Kansas, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Baylor, Arkansas, Arizona, Kansas State, Houston and SMU.

Another interesting nugget is that Vestal's cousin, Christian Matthews, currently plays for Kansas. In fact, as recently as July Vestal was quoted as saying, "I love Kansas. I love everything about them. I just need to visit, which will happen after July 4th sometime. I haven't picked a date yet, and I need to speak with Coach Beaty, but I will visit."

That's great. Just don't pull a Keeston Terry.