Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Reducing the Pile


Things have certainly piled up as I’ve reminded myself that graduate school is not a time for leisurely pursuits. Nope, that’s what law school is for. In other words, I’ve found it difficult lately to fill space here with my proboscis pressed firmly to the proverbial grindstone. But better days are hopefully ahead when something Nebraska football-related actually happens. Who knew the off-season was going to be so off?

· The 2006 College Football Blog Awards wrapped up yesterday, and you can play catch-up if you missed the whirlwind presentations back at Rocky Top Talk.

· DXP is humbled to have finished second in the Best Big 12 Blog category to BON. I didn’t find out about said finish until seeing DT’s comment here. I guess that is the blogging equivalent of receiving an Oscar nod and then blowing off the ceremony. But seriously finishing second to BON is a bit like placing runner up to Miles Davis in a “cool” contest. Those guys are just that good.

· My original joke above was “like finishing second to a high school wrestler in a herpes contest”. What? Too soon?

· National Signing Day is officially less than one week away. The always punctual SMQ jumped the gun and provides his Signing Day opus a week early. I’m with him, though isn’t it usually on February 1st? Apparently National Signing Day is more of the President’s Day floating date type holiday than that of the Christmas variety.

· Speaking of recruiting, several bloggers have noted the “creepy” feel that it seems to have taken on lately. I for one, can’t get off to the exploits of high school boys, until they’ve signed on the dotted line. Therefore, my time at high schools is spent…researching…for a book I’m writing…on cheerleaders.

· Heisman Pundit has a great read about the recruitment of recent Heisman winners, including that of Eric Crouch.

· The Nick Saban “Piss off the World World Tour” continues with a derogatory ethnic slur that “is highly offensive to descendants of Acadians, who are commonly referred to as Cajuns”. I’m not claiming Nick’s not a nice guy, but its like my rabbi always says, "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

· And lastly, GO BEARS!!!!