Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lucky Out of Hospital

Marlon Lucky has been released from the hospital, which hopefully signals the end of the worst part of this chapter.

Of his release, Lucky said:
“I have been in the hospital and have recovered fully. I am looking forward to getting back to classes and workouts. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and concerns, and now I want to focus on my future. Lastly, thank you again for respecting my privacy.”
Bill Callahan had the following to say:
“We are happy that Marlon has been released from the hospital. He will return to classes and re-join our off-season workouts as soon as possible. I know Marlon’s teammates are excited to have him back.”
All signs point to Lucky returning to action as soon as possible. Before this happens, however, I'd certainly recommend some trauma counseling - not only for Lucky, but also for his teammates. Another reason why having a staff psychologist (sport or otherwise) around just makes sense.

If Lucky does in fact return to form, 2007 could be an emotional year for all involved.