Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Erin Andrews Picture of the Week and Some Help


Ok, so I mentioned a pet project the other day, and I could use some help with it. I've decided to chart every play from Nebraska's 2006 season. So far I have 10 out of the 14 games done. This should be pretty cool once I have it done as it will allow for even deeper analysis. I will be able to break down play selection by down, distance and field possession and hopefully highlight some tendencies. I'll also be able to better analyze the value of individual players based on their contributions at important times in the games.

Where I could use some help is in locating game footage. So far I've been limited to using the official play-by-play data sheets to extrapolate the information. I would like to be able to use game tape to add the formations, type of pass or run, etc. Unfortunately I no longer have any of the games from last season. My DVR sucks! So if you or anyone you know has any of the games on DVD/Tape or electronic file I would love to get my hands on it.

My thought process is that this might be as close as we as fans can get as far as getting into Callahan's head. I feel somewhat qualified to take this on as my never-ending insomnia gives me ample late night opportunities for data entry and my stat-geekery knows no bounds.

So anyway, if you or someone you know can help you can contact me at JAdams1277 (AT) aol.com.

Thanks.