Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

2006 Analysis

My first attempt at analyzing games from the 2006 season should appear in the next day or two. The write-ups should look similar to what is going on at this fine USC blog.

I am very interested in your feedback. What stats/analysis would you like to see? I've been pulling out what is interesting to me or what is believed to be important by various coaching books or comments. At this point, however, I am absolutely buried in data. Any question someone has about down/distance/gain/personnel/tendencies, etc., I can probably answer. The difficulty lies in trying to persent the data in a meaningful way. In other words they will remain "works in progress". But if you have particular questions that you would like me to attempt to answer, I will do my best to get to it.

For instance, I am curious to see how many times Nebraska ran the toss sweep last year prior to the Marlon Lucky halfback pass against Texas. I should be able to answer that exact question in the next few weeks.