Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bo Gets a QB


Nebraska has apparently replaced one-time committ Blaine Gabbert with QB Kody Spano of Stephenville, TX.
"He [Spano] is a dual-threat quarterback who, despite being hampered by a shoulder injury his senior year, still threw for 2,263 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Spano was originally committed to Oklahoma State, and was expecting to report for the spring semester, but was told by coach Mike Gundy that a scholarship wouldn't be available then."
I don't know much about Spano. From the videos I watched on either Rivals or Scout he appears to have a decent arm and some escapability. I understand Shawn Watson preferred Spano to Sean Renfree, another QB the Huskers were considering, which is a good enough endorsement for me.

Google Highlights on Spano:

High praise from September of 2006:
The guy who coached Jevan Snead before Mack Brown, Greg Davis, et. al. took over -- Stephenville's Chad Morris -- just said something that kinda shocked me, to tell the truth.

He said Snead's replacement at Stephenville, junior Kody Spano (6-2, 200, 4.6), is better at this stage of his career than where Jevan was. And Jevan, mind you, threw for over 3,000 yards and 29 TDs as a junior.

"He has the opportunity to be the next great quarterback at Stephenville," Morris told me.
You can also check out a heap of Stephenville highlight videos here.

I'll have more on Spano in my annual Signing Day Extravaganza, but thought I would just say something about a decommit working in our favor for once this year.