Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Patrick to Enter Supplemental Draft

In a move no one saw coming, LT Chris Patrick has decided to enter the NFL's Supplemental Draft. Said Patrick:
"I put a lot of thought into it," Patrick said Thursday night. "A lot of people asked me why I didn’t go into April’s draft but it took time making this decision. Looking back I should have entered the April draft but the supplemental draft is there and I’ll have a good opportunity to demonstrate my skills and will get more individual attention from teams. My timing could have been better but I’m not too worried about that now."
I really have no idea what to make of this. I just mentioned to my Dad that he was still listed on the official roster, which seemed to indicate the possibility of his return. I guess not.

On the one hand, this certainly hurts the depth on the O-line. On the other hand, it could mean two less false-starts/game next year. I kid, I kid.

Anyway, good luck Chris and may all your supplemental draft day dreams come true.