Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Nebraska's Biggest Pass Play?

In a fit of randomness I started thinking about the most important/memorable/historic pass in Nebraska football history. I mean we have several runs that could qualify – Tagge’s goal line plunge, Rozier’s sideline-to-sideline, or Frazier’s signature jaunt. But what is the biggest pass play in our history? Off the top of my head, I can only come up with two possible candidates:

Stuntz to Crouch (OU 2001)
Gill to Jeff Smith (Miami 1984)

Not much of a list. One was thrown by a backup and caught by a Heisman-winning QB known more for his legs and the other was an incompletion.

I don’t know, it struck me as an interesting topic. If you’re so inclined please help me add to the list.