Double Extra Point has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
www.doubleextrapoint.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SportsCenter Just Seems Irrelevant

I don't know what brought this about, but I was thinking today that I just don't pay attention to SportsCenter anymore. I have no idea when that happened.

It reminds me of an anecdote about the Manning family that I once read in GQ. The story focused on the family's crazed sports fandom. At one point it noted that Cooper, who was forced to leave football and get a "real job" was able to pinpoint the first day that passed in which he failed to catch SportsCenter.

In my case, I don't think I can point to the last time I actually watched SportsCenter from start to finish. I guess at some point I decided I didn't need somebody in Bristol to tell me what the day's most important sports story was. When I'm looking for information now, I'll always turn first to the blogosphere.

Or it might be because the last few times I watched SportsCenter it looked exactly like what is depicted below (Not entirely safe for work).



HT for the video - Texas Tech Blog Disco Tech!